Teetl’it Gwich’in members according to the Teetl’it Gwich’in Election Code elect/appoint council members.
TEETL’IT GWICH’IN BAND COUNCIL
- Provides direction to the Chief regarding management and operation of all TGBC affairs and activities.
- Knowledgeable regarding National and Territorial laws and regulations related to Council’s authority, its goals and structure, policies, programs, and administrative procedures.
- Governing body of all proceedings of TGBC and operates the business and activities of TGBC in accordance with the constitution, bylaws, policies and procedures, together with direction from the membership.
- Fulfills fiduciary and legal responsibilities.
- Reviews, approves, and monitors budget.
- Ensures expense approval procedures and financial reporting practices are being followed.
- Oversees strategic planning.
- Hires and directs Executive Administrator.
- Maintains good relations with members.
- Represents & advocates the members’ and community’s interests.
- Exercises good judgment when faced with conflicting needs and interests.
- Meets regularly as a Council and with the membership.
The Teetl’it Gwich’in Band Council are presently dealing with changes that are although dramatic, it will have to be worked on in the near future and over the long term. The plan is a living document and will need some actions and some delegation to be done. This plan is a guide for the next year and can be used by the new Council in the short term.
Councillor Billy Wilson
Chief and Council
L to R: Chief Wanda Pascal, Sub Chief Phillip J. Kay, Councilor Richard Wilson, Councilor Richard J. Blake, Councilor Billy Wilson, Ex-Councilor William Bake, Councilor Stanley Snowshoe